Thursday, November 20, 2008

The walking toy

There was a great sale on kid's toys, so I decided to go buy Kevin's birthday and Christmas presents. I got a little carried away, but one purchase that I had to put together right away was a little walking toy. I just thought that he would enjoy it and benefit from the practice. He hadn't really tried to walk before, but as soon as we put him in front of this toy he took off. It was a hit!



This video was taken Nov.9,2008. I'm not sure if the walker helped, but he has made long strides in his efforts to walk in the past two weeks. In fact tonight he took his first sturdy steps. He stood still for a few seconds and kept his balance. Then he looked at me and took two sturdy steps toward me. I think he's on his way to getting around the house.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Awesome!!! So you're saying maybe he'll be steady-ish by his first birthday. Can't wait to see you guys.