Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kevin put himself to sleep

I had some things that needed to get done before we went to California. I tried to put Kevin to bed, but he was wide awake and I didn't want to fight with him. So, I let him play with his toys while I worked on the project I had on the computer. He was vocally happy with the situation, so I didn't pay too much attention to him until it had been too long since the last time I heard him. I turned around and saw this:He has this habit of lying on the floor in this position with his eyes wide open for just a few seconds at a time. We joke that he is taking a 5 second nap. He usually pops up and starts playing as if there hadn't been any interruption in his playing. In fact, usually he seems to have been somewhat rejuvenated and goes about his playing with a little more enthusiasm.

He did this "fake nap" several times before this, so when I turned around I just thought he was taking another 5 second nap. The funniest thing to me is that he has a pretty tight grip on the purple block in his left hand. Funny boy!

No comments: