Kevin has been getting around very well lately. He practically runs everywhere now. He's almost too confident in his skills. Sometimes that means falling down. He's getting to be quite a pro at walking
and falling down. He's also gotten very opinionated lately. He knows what he wants and is getting better at communicating his desires. For instance, in the following picture, I was sitting at the computer looking for some ideas for a YW activity. I must have been online longer than he wanted, so he reached for me to pick him up and got right in my face. This is what I saw:

He seems to have grown up so much since he started walking. We found this jacket and bow tie in the closet and it makes him look even more grown up.

Books are Kevin's favorite things. They have been for most of his short little life. He loves to sit down and "read" them out loud to himself and anyone else that will listen. This is another way he has learned to communicate. He now brings books to me and wants to turn around and sit on my lap while I read them. Usually as soon as I finish reading one book, he'll get down and get another one and return for the second story. It's fun to see how much he loves his books. Here's one of the many times I caught him "reading".

We took Kevin to the Draper Temple Open House. He was in heaven. So much open space to walk around in! And we just followed him around wherever he went. He was probably the loudest visitor in the temple. He was so happy! This is a picture of us at the chapel at the end of the tour. Sorry about the glare :)

Finally, I thought I should share our little cupid with you. One more way he communicates is while eating(or should I say, not eating). He makes the funniest faces when he tries a new food, then he promptly spits it back out. He has a small selection of foods that he will eat. Thus, the not so chubby cherub. We hope you all had a fun Valentine's Day!
2 comments:
what a cute little boy! Matthew loved his plastic crossbow. We need to get another.
Kevin is such a darling cutie! :)
Post a Comment