Sunday, January 11, 2009

He's walking!

Ellis saw the two Christmas posts and mentioned that I hadn't talked about Kevin walking. I told him that I knew that if I wrote about him walking, I probably wouldn't get around to the Christmas stuff. So I did Christmas stuff first, and here are some videos of him walking.


On Monday Jan. 5th, Kevin finally decided that he wanted to walk by himself. Up until then, he only did it if I coaxed him to. We thought we would share. It's so fun to watch him grow up. He finds so much joy in almost everything he sees. He would let go of a chair and look at me as if to say, "This is so much fun, Mom! Just watch me now!" Who knows what he was really thinking, but he sure is happy about it.

Kevin also likes to walk a little ways, bend down to pick something up and continue on his walk. It's hard to get this spontaneously, so this isn't quite how he does it. I think you'll get the idea, though. He has such a proud look on his face when he gets up from getting something off the floor. What joy it is to see our little boy discover something and be so happy!

One more thing: He got his 4th tooth this week as well. He has finally added a top tooth with 2 others that look like they're almost ready to make it through as well.

3 comments:

Rachel Ellis said...

Aww! He is so cute. :)

What a great milestone.

Rebecca said...

Wow. I'm missing all sorts of growing. Thanks for documenting so well, and for sharing the with us!

Mike and Ashley said...

These videos are so cute. Kevin is a doll, and soooooo very happy. I love that. I'm glad to see that all is well in your life. I hope things continue that way. By the way, I really loved the Christmas card and newsletter. Thank you. I loved hearing about how wonderful things are going for your cute little family. Love ya:)