Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fun pictures that I wanted to share.

When Ellis was raking the leaves, he wanted me to bring Kevin out, so that he could play with him in the leaves. Kevin wasn't too sure about it. Most of the pictures he's not too happy, but these were a couple that I really like(besides the picture we sent out with our Christmas cards).
He looks a little unsure of what's going on here, but it was a good shot of his serious face.
Kevin loves books. We inherited a bunch from my sister whose children have grown out of them. I caught Kevin 'reading' this book. He loves to jabber away while he looks at the pictures. I'm sure he's telling his own story. Too bad I don't understand the words, but he seems enjoy making the sounds. I think we've got a reader on our hands.
One night we were trying to feed Kevin his leftover oatmeal. He wouldn't take it from either Ellis or me, so I just let him take over. I offered the spoon, which he looked at and held for a few seconds. Then he started to grab handfuls out to feed himself. He seemed pretty happy until he discovered a more efficient way to get the oatmeal from his bowl to his mouth. See below:
You wouldn't think this way would be very effective, but he would pull the bowl away and have a mouthful of oatmeal and bananas. Funny boy! He really enjoyed himself and he ate his dinner!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Merri and Ellis,
Your posts of Kevin bring joy into my heart. Thanks so much for taking the time to post on your blog! I LOVE IT! So does your Dad.

Love,
Mom