Lincoln was perfectly content in his carrier (I'm not sure what I'm thinking here).

Kevin, though had energy to burn. On walks in our neighborhood, he'll stop and look at a rock, jump on and off the water main covers, run up people's driveways, and otherwise dawdle. On this hike he practically ran up the trail, with only minor detours. Here's a short clip:
One thing he did not want, however, was to pose for a photo:

On the return trip, at a trail junction, Kevin wanted to climb higher. Merri and I looked at each other, shrugged, and decided that we weren't done hiking, either. So up we went for a while longer. Here's a picture with the original destination (the small, stone obelisk) in the background. Kevin is still camera shy.

If we'd brought more water and snacks, and had more time before sundown, we'd have journeyed farther. Now we know our Kevin is a little explorer(We should have known), we'll be prepared next time.
And here's a picture of Lincoln, just for reference.
1 comment:
Woo hoo! I can't wait to see you and the boys!
Post a Comment