Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Homemade Forts

On Sunday, Kevin reminded me of how much fun it used to be to build forts when I was a kid. I curled up to read a book on my bed and pulled this comforter up to keep me warm. After a while Ellis and Kevin came around.
Kevin climbed under the blanket and was highly amused when either Ellis or I would hide our heads under the blanket with him. That laugh is so contagious.
I started to remember the forts we used to make as kids with couches, chairs, pillows, blankets and whatever else happened to be handy. It was always so much fun. Ellis has similar memories of building forts.
What makes forts so much fun? I guess it has to be the imagination just like any other childhood memories.
It wasn't quite a fort, but so much fun just the same.

No comments: