Thursday, November 5, 2009

How time flies VII

These are just a few of the photos I got of Kevin in September. This stool is from Grandma and Grandpa Rygg. Kevin is still finding new uses for it. I'm not sure if any of his ideas are what Grandma and Grandpa were thinking when they gave it to him, but I don't think there is anything we can do about it. Here he is sitting in his throne.
He does something similar with another little stool that he has. Here he is 'reading' quite comfortably in his upside-down stool. What a funny boy!
Kevin has split from the under 3 year old trio and has begun to solo on the piano. We expect great things from our little Mozart.
When he isn't reading, playing the piano or any other serious work that he has to do, he likes to help with the laundry. Putting clothes in the dryer is his most helpful task, unlike unfolding all the clothes that I have just folded and put in the basket to put away :)
Here's just one more shot of the Grandeur Peak hike that we went on. We love the mountains!
And Kevin seems to be able to lighten up the faces of anyone we happen to be with at the time. Here we all are outside the Mt. Timpanogos Temple with one of my companions and her husband. We had a very nice day with them! Especially Kevin who received a lot of attention from everyone.
Kevin's new favorite thing to do is to put big shoes on and walk around in them. This is usually just cute, but when we can't find our shoes, we know they could be anywhere in the house. Kevin has most likely taken them off in some random part of the house. Good luck finding them again! Here he is with Mommy's flip-flops.
Kevin and his friend are musical in so many ways. We discovered their talent with the xylophone after I found these xylophones for 25 cents each at a garage sale. Neither of them had strings when I bought them, but after a little ribbon and super glue we have a new favorite game for them to play together. That 50 cents is probably the best purchase I have ever made. They'll chase each other around for 20 or more and enjoy every minute of it. I thought I would get tired of the noise, but so far I'm still getting a kick out of the smiles on their faces every time they start running around together!

Speaking of running, Kevin is getting around fast these days. It's getting harder and harder to keep up with him. But this is one run that we find entertaining and he comes right to us. For anyone that has wanted to become Kevin's friend, the only requirement is to read a book to him. He loves books. If you tell him that you want to read to him, he'll find a book and look at you and nod as if to ask if he can bring the book to you to read. Then he takes off running with a big smile on his face. Then he'll sit or lie down and thoroughly enjoy having a book read to him. I didn't quite catch the excitement in the video, but here's what I got. Enjoy!

No comments: