Monday, November 30, 2009

Our little Pinocchio. He's a real boy!

It was little bit of work to get Kevin dressed up, but overall, Halloween was a success this year. We had some real lederhosen that we borrowed from my sister. I wanted to use them for a costume and I remembered that Pinocchio wears them. So, here are my Gepetto and Pinocchio as we were off to our ward party.
Here's a picture of the winner of the costume contest for children 0-11 years old. He doesn't seem to really be that excited about it, but it's one of the better pictures of his nose. We just scotch taped it to his face. I tried everything else, but tape is the only thing that worked.
Here's the side view of the little guy with his papa. Once we put the nose on him at the party, he got distracted and left it there without any trouble. Everyone, including me, was amazed that he left it on so long! He was a good sport.
You might want to note that Ellis grew a mustache just for the costume. We didn't get around to making his hair and mustache grey, but we got a lot of comments on the whole family's costume. I don't really fit in the story of Pinocchio unless you remember the Dutch marionette in the movie. Or maybe I joined the family as a mother for Gepetto's real boy. A real boy needs a real mother, don't you think?
I know it's late, but we hope you all had a good Halloween! We sure did!

No comments: